Are People Really That Unhappy?

I know that life sometimes seems unfair, believe me...I know. Given the one that I have had, most people may not have made it thus far. I have always believed that no matter what is thrown my way, there is always a way to overcome it. Right?

Life is not perfect for anyone. It doesn't matter if you have money or if you don't. No matter what benefits or lack there of in your life, there is always some sort of "issue" to overcome.

Can you imagine what life would be like without them? We would all stop learning. The only way to not have some "troubles" to go through, is to know absolutely everything. That is just not possible. We learn by doing. Our most treasured memories and achievements in life are the ones we have had to work for, and quite possibly, were the worst of times of which make us better people. When you know that you lived through something so hard to deal with, that gives you an enormous amount of confidence that anything is possible.

What I'm trying to get at is this...Our attitudes are what make us happy or sad, loving or angry, believers or quitters. If we have jealousy and resentment locked inside, there is no way to ever see the joy that life truly is. So what if your driving home after a long days work and the person in front of you is going 20 mph in a 30 zone, what good will it do to get upset? It's not going to make them drive any faster, right? And what if you constantly feel as though you are stuck doing all the work, yet you don't ask anyone for help? You will be bitter towards others and without voicing your concerns, there is no way to resolve them.

I am just tired of hearing people "gripe" of all the little things in life that bother them. Stop worrying about everyone and everything around you and start focusing on what is important in your life. As long as we know in our own hearts that we are doing the best that we can, then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks or even does elsewhere, because all in all, "If it's meant to be, it's up to me."

Start being thankful for all the things you do have. I guarantee, no matter what is happening right now, it will pass and someone else is having a much bigger problem at that same very moment. Shoot, be thankful that you are still here and you have a chance at making the most of it.

4 comments:

~JJ! said...

Hmmm..words of wisdom.

I wish I could truly be that way.

But I get upset over just about ANY thing.

I always say to myself.
"You need to just calm down, who cares!?"

Doesn't always work for me.

Great post.

neighborhoodmom said...

Thanks Hun for the words of wisdom...Sometimes I find that voicing my Stress and venting causes my BP to go down..LOL,,.I am with my hubby 24/7 and I am blessed to have a group of awesome ladies who let me vent and let off a little steam...Should my vent be a offense Please forgive me...Hope your weekend is a awesome one!! Hugs Sissy

Angela b said...

very well spoken.thanks

Anonymous said...

Happiness is in the mind. It is just that we have to learn how to make ourself happy when we are not happy. Always think positive. Everything negative to me can be looked at from a positive angle.

Regards
Shane
http://www.bestmotivationquotes.com