Just when things are going really well...

It seems like every time things are really looking up and all is well, something has to jump up and slap me right in the face once again. I know that I am not the only person who deals with this on a consistent basis, right? But seriously, I am ready for a break, it doesn't have to be a long one, just a glimpse of sanity and stress-free living, just a little.

You see, my day started off really well. As I posted earlier this morning, I was beginning to tackle some of my "flaws" in order to live a more peaceful life. And it wasn't just that, I have been doing great with my home business, one of the top recruiters on our team actually. Things are looking up financially, actually better than they may have ever been, well at least since I took on the role of a "single" mom. All is going great!

Then it starts happening...It started with my computer. As some of you may know from my previous posts, I was planning on purchasing a new laptop as my Christmas gift to myself this year. Judging from today, it seems that I'm going to be getting my gift early this year. I last remember counting number 6 as in the number of times my computer decided to just completely shut down on me. I knew it was coming, but seriously, why now?

Then, and this one is much better, let me tell you. I get a knock at the door just shortly after lunch. Hmmm...who could it be? The sheriff? Yep, I was being served papers to appear in court. Why is that? I am being taken to small claims court by a woman who is much like a grandma to me, and she filed this claim with absolutely no warning to me. She is suing me for the $600 I had borrowed from her back in July so that I could attend our corporate convention in Dallas. Mind you, she knows the situation I am in and the fact that I am the sole supporter of my 3 kids, with little to no help. She claims that she has tried to call me and I do not answer, this is simply not true. In fact, she was here in town just a few days ago and went to Sam's Club with my mother, the reason I know that is because they had to use my Sam's Club card. I know it can't be because she needs the money. So if money is not the issue, then what can it be?

I was too upset to call her today, I still can't believe that she did it in the first place. But here is my theory on why she may have done this and taken it to this level. Personally I think that my mother (and even more so, her mouth) may be the culprit. My mom has a tendency to "share her opinion & thoughts" about persons, and/or situations, regardless of what the facts actually are. As you may have read in a previous post about my life with my mother, she tends to have her own view as to how things seem, while the rest of the world sees otherwise. When she is feeling left out, she gets mad. When she wants help cleaning her house, and we don't go do it (it's not our mess, I mean we have our own houses to clean up and kids to clean up after, no time to clean up after 2 grown adults, right?) either way if we don't drop what we are doing and run, she's mad. It really can be about anything, you never really know, but no matter what, when she is mad, she lets everyone know. It has been this way my entire life. Through my teen years, I think that everyone who came in contact with my mother heard how awful I was. True Story!

Enough about that though, I just think that she may have been gossiping about things, not even realizing what she was doing. You see, like I said, I get little to no help from the children's father. Even though he owns his own business, drives nice cars (not just 1 or 2, more like 5-10) Things like a Chrysler 300, Cadillac Escalade, Expedition, the list could go on. My mom has made numerous comments concerning this issue in fact. And every single time the children's father has actually offered to buy diapers, or anything of that nature, and we were in the presence of my mother, she sticks out her hand and says "oh, I could use some of that." Who does that?

Anyhow, I just think that "N"-the woman suing me-is under the impression that if Jr.-the kids father- is doing so well, I must be also. If she only knew...

No comments: