You would think that the immature games that teenagers play would be a thing of the past for me...

apparently it is not....

Here's the thing, and I will try to keep this short and sweet, but it needs to be said so that hopefully someone will agree with me and I can know that it's not me.

For those who may not be an active reader of my blog, here's a bit of background on me. I am a single mom of 3, ages 8, 7 and terribly 2 at the moment. I also work from home, oh and don't forget about boy scouts & girl scouts, and well you get the picture.

So...I'm getting the picture that no one understands how busy I truly am. Not anyone around here anyhow. They seem to think because I am at home I can do what I want when I want. Wrong! My time is precious and has to be spent just right or all heck breaks lose and I start to stress out.

So today, and this happens all the time, but today I am on the phone speaking with a lady who called me in regards to working from home and what I do, a future team member I expect. But anyhow, so I am on the phone with her and I get a beep, it's call-waiting. Oh, it's only the kids' father. Not important, it can wait. But noooo, it's like hang up & call back, then call cell phone, and then house, and cell and house, house, house. Like I said this happens quite often and every time it is the same crap. "Whatcha doin?" Are you kidding me???? I am doing what I have to do in order to support myself and my kids because that is my responsibility and I don't seem to be getting much if any help from anyone else....this of course I have restrained from saying out-loud because there is no point in wasting yet more time on something that has been said a thousand times over and still doesn't seem to sink in.

Then as I begin to be a smart-***, I mean who wouldn't be right? He wonders why I get so "crabby" with him or why I have an attitude problem. (Here we go again...) I ask, "what is so gosh darn important? What's the emergency?" *uhhh, blank stares* "What is it that just couldn't wait? Do I not have caller id and voice mail? Don't you think if I wasn't busy I would answer the phone? And if I was busy, I would call you when I wasn't?"

Seriously, I am constantly talking and no one is listening. Because it's not only him. My mother does the same thing as well. I don't know what it is with them and calling non-stop until you finally answer after 45 calls, only to find out all they would say is "What are you doing?"

Welcome to my life!

2 comments:

Dana Bee said...

Brother! You're too busy to deal with that crap! You should put this on your voice mail, and don't answer the phone for a while...

"Hi this is Crystal... I am really, really busy trying to keep my head above water. Please leave a message if you want to help, you're bleeding out your eyes or want to tell me I've won the lottery, Beeeeeep!"

April said...

I totally hear you! No, I mean it! I work in an office, but my mom will constantly call and act like I have nothing better to do than to talk to her. No "are you busy?" first.