I have no excuse...

As you can see, it has been a while since I last posted here, actually since before Christmas even. So for a real brief update, all has gone well. Christmas day was actually really nice. We usually travel out of town to any number of family gatherings, of which I would prefer not too. And this year, we simply stayed home and enjoyed the day. The kids opened presents, my mom and her husband came over, as well as the children's father. So everyone was here with them, I think they liked all the attention. It was funny though...they took their time opening all of their gifts. Usually they would rip them open one after the other, without giving much thought to what they got until they were completely finished with all the un-wrapping, but this year it was as if everyone was calm and there were no time restraints, so it would happen when it happened. That was nice.

I got a new microwave from Junior. I guess he thought my old one, of which I had for the last 10 years, was finally done serving it's purpose. So that was unexpected but appreciated.

As for New Years Celebrations, again it was rather uneventful. I am not the type of person who cares too much for big crowds and the bar scene. We stayed in, watched the ball drop on tv, and just hung out. Oh, and I did drink a bit all by my lonesome, but that's okay to do every now and then. New Years is a time that I love and hate all at the same time. I love the new beginnings, yet I often spend at least a little bit of time looking back with regrets.

But here we are...it's 2008. I'm not one big on New Year's resolutions, but I do have my own little plan or idea set in place. I have decided to simply do a little bit each day to better myself and our current situation. Whether that be to adjust my schedule so that I post more frequently here, as well as on my other blog. Or that I do a little something just for me every now and then. Whatever it is, I am working toward making life a little bit better each day.

1 comment:

LuvMyBoyz said...

Sounds like your Christmas was very nice! Hope you have a great 2008!