Kids Sometimes Say the Darndest Things...

I'm not sure what triggered a thought like this from Nana, but anyone who knows me will tell you that it's a topic or area of life that I try my hardest to avoid.

So, here's how it went... Last night we were driving to Wal-Mart to return a movie to the Redbox. (If you haven't yet tried that redbox thing out, you should...$1 to rent a movie, keep it over night until 9pm the next day, if you miss the deadline, just pay $1 more for another night...very awesome)

Anyhow, just out of the blue, Brianna starts saying how it would be really sad if Alyssa was to sleep a lot one day, then at night she wakes up & cries just a little bit, then goes back to sleep and in the morning we noticed that she had died?!!??!

Where in the world did that come from?

I'm not sure why she would think of something like that, but obviously she did & I suppose it's a good thing that she at least shared it out loud with me so that we could touch on the issue, but it still seems a bit strange to me?

But either way, I used the moment to try and solve another issue we face from time to time and that is Brianna being somewhat rude & mean to her little sister. She's had moments when she yells at her, or smacks her hand, etc. And the next minute she can be the nicest big sister ever.

So, we talked about how it would be very, very sad if something were to happen to any of them. And how we can't take back something we've done if we hurt someone like that. And that no matter how much it makes us cry & how much we miss them, it's just one of those times you can't say sorry & make it all better.

I'm not sure exactly how your suppose to approach or deal with an issue like this, but hopefully it helped everyone to understand a bit more about the value of life.


1 comment:

Allison said...

Interested in a FREE blog make over? Head on over to http://mud-duck-studio.blogspot.com/